Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up old man in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Old Man may refer to:
- An elderly man
- A father (especially as the phrase "my old man" to mean "my father")
- A husband
- Commanding officer of a military unit
- Captain of a merchant ship or a warship
- Any male amateur radio operator
- La Chapelle-aux-Saints 1 ("The Old Man"), an almost-complete male Neanderthal skeleton discovered in La Chapelle-aux-Saints, France
- Richard Benjamin Harrison (1941–2018), American businessman and reality television personality of the series Pawn Stars, nicknamed "The Old Man"
- Joseph Paruta (1929–1986), member of the Gambino crime family nicknamed "Old Man"
- Yitzhak Sadeh (1890–1952), Israeli military commander nicknamed "The Old Man"
Books and literature
- The Old Man, play by Maxim Gorky, 1919
- The Old Man (play), a 1931 play by Edgar Wallace
- "Old Man", a poem by Edward Thomas
- "Old Man", one of the two narrative threads (the other is "Wild Palms") interwoven in William Faulkner's 1939 novel If I Forget Thee, Jerusalem
- The Old Man (Trifonov novel) (Старик), novel by Yuri Trifonov
- The Old Man and the Sea, short novel by Ernest Hemingwa
Film and TV
- The Old Man (1931 film), based on the Edgar Wallace play of the same name
- The Old Man (2012 film), a 2012 Kazakhstani film
- "The Old Man" (Seinfeld), an episode of the television series Seinfeld
- The Old Man, a character in the film A Christmas Story
- Old Man, a Primetime Emmy Award-winning television movie based on the "Old Man" narrative thread in William Faulkner's novel If I Forget Thee, Jerusalem
- Old Man Luedecke, a Canadian indie banjo band
- "Old Man" (song) by Neil Young
- "Old Man", a song by Love, from the album Forever Changes
- "Old Man", a song by Randy Newman from Sail Away, covered by Art Garfunkel, 1974
- "Old Man", a song by Clouds, 1970
- "Old Man", a song by the Collectors, 1967
- "Old Man", a song by Harrys Gym, 2011
- "Old Man", a song by John David, 1976
- "Old Man", a song by Lighthouse, 1972
- "The Old Man" a song by Irving Berlin, sung by Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye, 1954
- "The Old Man", a song by Colm C.T. Wilkinson, 1977
- "The Old Man", a song written by Phil Coulter and sung by John McDermott about a man remembering his father after he has died
- "The Old Man", a song by the Fureys and Davey Arthur, 1982
- "The Old Man", a song by Matt Lucas
- "This Old Man" a children's song
- Old Man (The Legend of Zelda), a recurring character in The Legend of Zelda video game series
- old man (magazine), a journal of the Union of Swiss Short Wave Amateurs
- Old Man of the Mountain, a geological formation in New Hampshire
- Old Man of Hoy, a sea stack in Scotland
- Old Man of Coniston, a mountain in the Lake District of England
- Old Man River, a nickname for the Mississippi River.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Old man.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.